Fully Managed ICT Support for Schools
For 35 years, Cantium has provided IT support for schools covering everything from the school office to the cloud – and back again. Our capabilities range from providing ITIL accredited remote support from our ICT service desk to expert on-site technicians. We also specialise in providing Microsoft 365 services and support to hundreds of schools across our network.
No matter your schools’ ICT requirement, Cantium can provide your school with fast, cost-efficient services that focus on delivering an outstanding customer service, including:
- Broadband infrastructure and wireless internet (WiFi) systems
- Administration, Curriculum, SIMS and other MIS support
- Cyber security services, remote back-up and disaster recovery
- Security Operations Centre
- Microsoft Office 365 environment & support
- Network management
- On-site technician support
- Hosting, private cloud, public cloud, and virtual infrastructure
- Staff training
Administration and Curriculum Support
Cantium’s Education ICT support starts with two main categories: Administration and Curriculum support. Our Administration support services provide technical and user support for your school office, including:
- Administration server
- School office desktops and laptop devices
- School office printers and peripherals
- Microsoft Office suite
Our Curriculum support services provide technical and user support for your classrooms, including classroom devices, curriculum servers and software, hardware and user errors.
Our curriculum support helps to resolve problems which can’t wait until the next technician visit, supporting you remotely or on site for critical issues. We can advise on the maintenance of equipment and on your hardware and software purchasing, assisting with virus detection and removal
- Telephone assistance with virus detection and removal
- Documentation queries and use of instruction manuals
- Advice on network management policy including data security issues
School ICT Support Technician Services
Our School Technicians Services provides an ICT support engineer to be on-site at your school to support, manage and develop the use of ICT within your school. Your dedicated technician will attend your school on a regular, agreed basis to maintain all your school IT systems, networks, servers, computers and work with you on your IT priorities.
All Cantium technicians are education-specialists and can will act as your link with the wide range of support services, expertise, and knowledge that we can provide at Cantium.
While on-site at an agreed frequency, your technician can carry out server health checks (including Anti-Virus and Windows updates), backup checks and routine troubleshooting to safeguard your systems, as well as managing your standard upgrades to your MIS. They can also support with the Installation and configuration of your devices, handle user account administration, manage Workstation configuration, and more.
This service is right for your school if you need help ensuring that you’re up to date with patching, a remote support team on-hand when your technician isn’t in your school, and confidence in your cyber security & services being up to date. Your Cantium technician will be your dedicated ICT expert, to deal with complex issues that your school staff cannot resolve.
Microsoft 365 Support for Schools
Cantium provides Microsoft 365 support for schools, and Microsoft 365 managed services. As standard, we provide your school with a Microsoft Office 365 environment, including service management, tenant management and technical support. This will include first, second and third-line support for your:
- Web based document editing using word, excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access
- Email and Calendar
- Files and Content Management
- File storage and sharing
- Information Discovery
- Microsoft Teams for admin staff, teachers & students via classroom experiences
- Inclusive classrooms with learning tools, accessibility checker and Office Lens
- OneNote Class Notebooks
- Microsoft Sway
- Microsoft Forms
- Microsoft Stream
Our service desk support is SDI, ITIL & ISO 27001 accredited. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, Cantium has over 12 years’ experience supporting schools within our KLZ environment over the phone, and through our ServiceNow Customer portal.
To support your compliance, we also provide:
- Legal Hold – this suspends any retention policy or automatic deletion for a given mailbox
- eDiscovery – the process of identifying and delivering electronic information that can be used as evidence in legal cases. Search mailboxes and sites and then export search results.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – MFA requirements to protect your school’s tenant
Groupcall IDaaS Identity Management System is also available to integrate into Cantium Office 365, helping you to:
- Allow on-site staff to manage Office 365 user accounts through a simple platform
- Provision accounts directly from the school’s MIS (SIMS, Arbor, Bromcom) into Office 365, including teacher and pupil accounts
- Integrate with Office 365 to load student and staff timetables into O365 calendars and create shared OneDrive and OneNote spaces for teaching groups
- Provide single sign on across multiple educational products
As a Microsoft Cloud Solutions Partner (CSP), Authorised Education Partner (AEP) and Microsoft Gold Partner, Cantium can also support your school with Microsoft product licencing.
The ability to now design a Cantium ICT managed service that is tailored to our needs and requirements whilst providing a significant saving for the school has been very well received by the leadership team and governing body.- Olly Hickmott - Director of Media, Communications and New Technologies, Herne Bay High School
Schools ICT Case Studies
Schools ICT News and Insights
What is Digital Transformation in the Education Sector?
Cantium are delighted to partner with SchoolVue
What Does it Mean to be a Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner?
Why should I use a Managed Service Provider for my ICT?
Schools ICT Press Coverage
Along with partners, SchoolVue, we explore how school leaders and teaching staff can look to harness data-driven decision making.
South East Connected
Cantium are delighted to announce Mark Cobb as Cantium's new CEO.
Cantium And SchoolVue Partner To Help Schools Unlock The Value Of Their Data
Get in Touch
If you have a question about our services, or would like a free consultation and discussion around your organisation’s needs, challenges and future vision, get in touch by using our Contact Form.